Asbestos is not the only hazardous material that could be hiding in your home. Other hazardous materials include lead and toxic materials. While asbestos is a known carcinogen, other dangerous substances like lead, mercury, and mold may also pose health risks to you and your family.
Hazardous materials commonly found in Salt Lake City area homes include:
- Asbestos: A naturally occurring mineral used in various building materials such as insulation, roofing, and flooring. It can be harmful if inhaled or ingested.
- Lead: A heavy metal used in paints, plumbing, and solder; harmful if ingested or absorbed through the skin.
- Mercury: A toxic metal present in thermometers, thermostats, and batteries. It can be harmful if inhaled or ingested.
- Mold: A fungus that grows in damp and humid conditions, causing allergies, asthma, and other respiratory problems.
These hazardous materials can pose various risks, such as cancer, birth defects, neurological damage, and respiratory issues.
To protect yourself and your family from these dangers, follow these steps:
- Have your home inspected for hazardous materials by a qualified professional.
- Avoid disturbing suspected hazardous materials.
- If you must handle hazardous material, wear protective gear, such as a respirator and gloves.
- Dispose of hazardous materials properly.
Asbestos Abatement Services is a professional asbestos abatement company serving the Salt Lake City area. With over 20 years of experience, our certified professionals provide a range of services, including asbestos testing, removal, encapsulation, and management. We use the latest technology and methods to ensure safe and effective asbestos removal while adhering to all state and federal regulations.
If you’re concerned about the presence of asbestos or other hazardous materials in your home, please contact Asbestos Abatement Services today. Our team will happily answer any questions you have and schedule an inspection of your home.